Friday, September 16, 2005

In Quick And Out Quick


You can play jacks, and girls do that with a soft ball and do tricks with it. Please; I may take all events into consideration; no, no. And it is no; a boy has never wept...nor dashed a thousand kin... did you hear me? Now leave it or take it. No, I might be in the playing for I know.
-Dutch Schultz

I'm gonna have to cowboy this joint, because I'm supposed to be out of here in 15 minutes and I'll be damned if I stay at work one minute longer than is absolutely necessary. Really, I wouldn't even be posting anything if I hadn't done such a good job of ignoring my poor little blog all week. Plenty to write about - so much to say, so much to say, so much to say - but no time to write it. I was trying desperately to catch up on my blog reading all week, and I was almost there last night. I was going to finish up this morning while working, and then spend the afternoon writing. Then Rojo puked on me, serving up a dozen or so copies of each post that had been added to anything on my lists in the last 24 hours or so. Sigh.
Poker is going well. I've almost erased last month's $1000 slide, and with a little luck I'll be able to give the 3/6 tables another shot before October comes around. Part of the reason I've been ignoring my implicit obligation to post here is that I've been hoovering bets on the 2/4's at Full Tilt every night.
Another part of the reason is that I just started Ed Miller's Small Stakes Hold'em. I can already tell that it will cause the stillbirth of at least a dozen strategy posts I've thought about. What's the point in trying, when Ed said it best?
And then there's the downer reason. The Mansion got burgled (isn't that a great verb?) twice this week, Tuesday and Wednesday, both times while we were all at work. Can you believe that? It could have been worse, they never left the first floor so mostly what they got was our back-up electronics and such, but what a pain in the ass. The first time was just annoying, but the second time made me feel stupid, like semi-bluffing the same calling station when you know he won't fold. Of course, there really wasn't anything that could have been done that we didn't do, but that hardly changes how it makes me feel.
Mostly, I just hope that all my stuff is still there when I get home.
Okay, that's it, time to cruise. Hopefully I'll get to write more this weekend. I've got a long story about the long-promised Big Announcement that I need to spend some time telling. One way or another, soon (but not soon enough) I'll have more time to dedicate to writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home