Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Fat Man Walks At Midnight

Just a quick one today, but I had to pass on this link from my favorite economics blog1 about Sumo In Vegas. I should point out that I know less than nothing about sumo, but the story is that sumo wrestlers will conspire amongst themselves to fix matches, often letting a wrestler with a less winning record win. The money quote:
Remember: if on the last match of the tournament, you have a chance to bet on a 7-7 wrestler who is facing an 8-6 or 9-5 wrestler, do it.

Just wanted to get that out there in case anyone is going to be at Mandalay Bay this weekend. For everyone else who feels I've wasted your time, here's a riddle for you: What do you get when you cross a python with an alligator2?

1Note: Also the only economics blog I read.
2Answer: A very cross python.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home