Thursday, November 17, 2005

Too Much Poker, Not Enough Blogging

I've been absolutely terrible about keeping this blog up recently, haven't I? In a way, it's almost ironic that in my first week without a job I've had less time for blogs and blogging than ever. I shouldn't be surprised, however, as most of the time I spent both reading and writing was while I should have been working. Now that I spend that time playing poker, I'll have to explicitly make for blogs.

I've been averaging eight or nine hours of play a day, about 14 if you include multitabing. Not bad, but I can do better, or at least spend more time on multiple tables. I didn't want to tinker with my game too much in the first week, but I expect I'll try to increase the number of tables I play slowly. Particularly late at night, when there are very few distractions aside from the occasional feline intervention, I think I should have the focus to play three or four 1/2 6-max tables at a time without hurting the BB/100 too much.

The other reason I've been staying away from blogs is the vivid reminder every time I look at mine that I'm supposed to be losing weight. On that front, I'm pretty sure Chilly is ahead by now, as I spent the better part of last week celebrating my unemployment. This seemed a little bit premature from my point of view, but everyone I knew seemed to think it called for some kind of food or drink. On the other hand, I have been walking to Coffee Cartel for a White Chocolate Caramel Iced Mocha (With Soy Milk) almost every morning, which does implement points three and four of the The Five Bullet Point Master Plan For Winning The Weight Bet (And Subsequently Taking Over The World), so it's not as if I've made no progress at all.

There's tons more to talk about, but I still have tons more to do, and The Little Willie Invitational starts in less than two hours. There's apparently been some debate about whether they really wanted "Some dude Chilly vouches for" to play, so I hope to avoid embarassing myself and him at least. I figure I can pretend that I'm not a douchebag for a few hours at least, and if I go out early I may even manage to lose gracefully.

I'm thinking about having a St. Louis Blogger/Reader Open sometime in the next month or so. I'm not going to get out to Vegas or the blogger meet-up in December, but it would be kind of cool to meet people who are relatively local at least. If you're interested, let me know at captfreeman-gmail-com. And yes, this includes people I know - if you don't read the blog, you're not invited :-P. I'd like to try to get this together sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we'll have to see how much interest there is and when everyone is available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home