Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Fugitive

In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

-Gerard Erasmus

It therefore follows that, in the valley of those with no arms, the one-armed man would be unlikely to frame a doctor for his wife's murder.

-Captain Horatio Freeman

I have mixed feelings about my day at work today. I spent the better part of the day netsurfing for answers to a never-ending array of linux questions, commanded by the fearsome Lieutenant Samba. The good news is that I managed to mow most of them down with my Google-gun, and the rest were cleared out when I called in a RedHat air-strike. The bad news is that I may have accidentally gotten myself promoted to Linux Guru.

Not that being a Guru of any sort is a bad thing. Actually, I wouldn't mind at all if I could wear flowing white robes to work. And a staff. I definitely would need to carry a staff. Unfortunately, I will be unlikely to gain that or any other perk due to my abilities. Of course, I'll get geek points for it, but geek points aren't worth much if geeks don't run the place. It's times like this that I wish I could go back to earning geek points for honor instead of having to be so mercenary about it.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Can't you play poker with Geek Points?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home